Monday, December 6, 2010

Pay Day and Blessings

Pay Day! I have never appreciated two words so much. But, tomorrow is pay day, and I am extremely excited. 8,000 out of 10,000 rubles from my last paycheck went to pay bills back home. This left 2,000 rubles for two weeks. Normally it can be done fairly easily since I walk to and from work and don't eat out a lot. However, this past pay period I was assigned a new class that was not within walking distance. The day of the first class, I ran out bus rides on my card. So, I ended up paying for it. In the future, I will have a month long bus pass, but as I said, I haven't needed one before now.

Since this past week was the first of the month bills were due. So, I've been without phone and internet and surviving off of spaghetti noodles and rice. Which isn't bad, but after 2 weeks of it, I want something with substance. In addition, all but two light bulbs in out flat died. My room and both toilet and shower room are in complete darkness (except when my computer is on).

Normally, it's not so bad to get from paycheck to paycheck, but it seems that everything hit during these two weeks. I only have to take 4,000 rubles from my next paycheck, so life will be easier.

The good news is that God provides blessings everyday through wonderful friends. I am so thankful for all of the friends I've made here. Lena, Alex, Janice, Jon, Lidia, Kayla, Colleen and many more! They help remind me to be joyful in all things.




Kayla and I on our exploration of the great city and Colleen's birthday party at the Starlite Diner which is another post in and of itself.

Sincerely,
Your Russian Traveller

2 comments:

  1. I hate when I get paid and realise most of the money I need to send back home :( when I've finally paid everything I owe in U.K. I'm sure I'll feel like a king! Imagine having a whole paycheck to spend on fun things... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Payday in Russia is a nice feeling but the country is becoming more expensive every day.

    It's always good to have Russian friends, remember the Russian idiom - it's better to have 100 friends than 100 roubles !

    ReplyDelete